Reduce, Reuse, Recycle – 3 Great Words
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle – Three great words that can help this planet
Here at Upcycle Studio we love these simple words and thought we would share a few of our staff members simple ways they reduce, reuse and recycle/upcycle.
- Probably the most obvious but why not walk to work a few days a week instead of using the car. Especially in Summer when the days are longer and there is many people out and about to people watch.
- Refusing to buy products that have excessive packing or that are not really necessary. No one needs to feel guilty about having what they want, but sometimes it’s worth asking if you really do need it?
- Sharing is caring and a great way to reduce consumption. Think car sharing like GoGet, tool sharing like OpenShed and renting instead of buying.
- Op shopping and just buying 2nd hand in general is a great way to reduce the impact we have on this planet and get a bargain.
- Another way to think about reuse is to buy quality items that stand the test of time. Economically it can make sense to buy one good item then 10 cheaper ones over a lifetime say. This might not always be the case and it’s fine to be practical but when you can make the right decision.
3. Recycle or Upcycle
- If your not sure what you can recycle check out the Garbage Guru which is for Sydney city which gives you great ideas on how to recycle and dispose of your garbage in the best possible way.
- Get into upcycling which is the awesome creative process of taking a product that’s already had another life and adding value to it to give it a new life.
- Buy products made from recycled materials or that are upcycled whenever possible. The best thing about this is these days it doesn’t mean sacrificing design or quality.
- Recycle your E-Waster for example your mobile phone can be recycled through Mobile Muster