Upcycled Bags: Fire & Hide Clutch Bag
Designer Bags by Elvis & Kresse:
ETHICAL AND ELEGANT
The Fire & Hide clutch combines rescued leather and decommissioned fire hose and is lined with reclaimed parachute silk. Everyone engages with a clutch in a slightly different way but we wanted to make this practical shape work for everyone. The straps can be removed, attached at both ends, or looped onto one of the side hooks. We have counted 5 ways of carrying this so far and leave the rest to your imagination. In order to maximise the versatility of this piece it comes with 2 straps - the short classic length clutch strap and an over-the-shoulder adjustable long strap.
All Elvis & Kresse products are shipped from Australia.
THE FIRE & HIDE COLLECTION
In 2005 Elvis & Kresse fell in love with London's decommissioned fire-hose. Determined to save it from landfill we took this lifesaving material home, gave it a second chance, and vowed to donate 50% of the profits to the Fire Fighters Charity. But fire-hose was just the beginning.
Every year, 800,000 tonnes of leather ends up on the cutting room floor. Their leather partners cherish their hides, but no matter how carefully they cut their patterns, there will always be small seemingly unusable offcuts. To rescue this leather they developed a unique modular approach. Elvis & Kresse hand weave these fragments into whole new hides then lovingly recraft them into sustainable luxury bags and accessories. Their commitment to rescuing British fire-hoses remains the same, the trim, handles and internal detailing of the Fire & Hide range are all made from genuine decommissioned fire-hose. And they continue to donate 50% of profits to charity.
Elvis & Kresse Fire & Hide Collection represents a whole new kind of luxury. One that is sustainable, ethical, transparent, generous and kind.
- Dimensions: H 17 x W 26 x D 4 cm
- Handle Drop: Standard - 18 cm, Long - up to 70cm (adjustable)
- Total Strap Length: 130cm
- Exterior: Combination of rescued leather and genuine decommissioned British fire-hose
- Lining: Reclaimed military-grade parachute silk
- Two detachable straps made from genuine decommissioned British fire-hose, Standard and Long Length
- Available in Red or rare Yellow fire-hose with various leather colours
- Elegant timeless design
- Presented in a reclaimed military-grade parachute silk dust bag, reusable as a delicate-wash bag
Debossed Elvis & Kresse logo
- Handmade with hand-painted and bound edges